I’ll be attending the International Horn Symposium in Macomb, IL early next month. This will be my first symposium and it will be a fantastic learning experience for me. I’m really looking forward to going.
Their website says: Study horn playing with guest artists and distinguished horn teachers.
- Enjoy directed playing experiences in classes, clinics, and horn choirs
- Visit exhibitors to discuss horn study and playing
- Compete in solo performance, orchestral playing, horn ensembles and jazz solo performance
- Participate in clinics on specialized topics of technique, literature, and performance
- Experience outstanding performances and presentations by guest artists and contributing artists of solo and chamber music for the horn
If any of you are planning to attend and would like to meet at the symposium please leave a comment and I’ll come up with a plan.